Senior Dining is a time for older adults to share a meal while enjoying the company of one another in a common setting. Senior Dining provides hot, well-balanced meals for individuals 60 years of age and older and their spouse of any age. These menus have been prepared by a licensed registered dietitian to ensure good nutrition guidelines. In addition to nutritious meals, your Senior Dining site provides:
- Information about community senior services and programs
- Social opportunities and interaction
- Helpful health information and services
- Connection with friendly, people who care about you
- Volunteer opportunities and ways for you to share your talents and skills
Senior Dining Weekday Noon Meal
Noon meals are provided Monday-Friday at the following Grand Forks sites:
- Grand Forks Senior Center - 620 4th Ave S. Reservations recommended. The noon meal is served from 11:45 am - 12:15 pm. Call 701-757-4869 or email email@example.com.
- The Link - 300 Cherry St. Reservations required. Call 701-772-7245.
- Homestead Place - 1639 24th Ave S. Reservations required. Call 701-772-7245.
- Parkview Terrace - 2396 27th Ave S. Reservations required. Call 701-772-7245.
Reservations required by one business day, before noon, for all sites.
Senior Dining Tuesday Evening Meal and Breakfast
The Grand Forks Senior Center (620 4th Ave S) also serves a Tuesday evening meal and a hot breakfast each weekday morning. Reservations are recommended for all meals (except breakfast) at the Grand Forks Senior Center. To make your reservation either call 701-772-7245or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday evening: 5:00 pm meal
Breakfasts: 8:30 am - 9:30 am
Senior Dining Meal Costs
Federal regulations state that each person 60 or older must fill out an annual assessment in order to participate in the Senior Dining meal program. This assessment will be given to you at the dining site.
The full cost of a noon or Tuesday evening meal is $8.00, however each person is responsible for determining what he/she is able to contribute as a suggested contribution. The suggested contribution is $4.25/meal. Persons under 60 years of age are required to pay the full cost of the meal ($8.00).
The full cost of a breakfast meal is $4.50, however each person is responsible for determining what he/she is able to contribute as a suggested contribution. The suggested contribution is $2.00/breakfast. Persons under 60 years of age are required to pay the full cost of the breakfast ($4.50).
Federal, state and local funding help support the cost of the meals. SNAP (food stamps) and EBT are accepted. Credit cards and debit cards are not accepted at this time.