Your Home Away From Home - Summer Appeal: Fixing up the Garden Room
Welcoming. Safe. Accessible. Fun. We strive to make the Senior Center all of these things for older adults.
The Garden Room (the large room in the lower level of the Senior Center) is home to many popular activities, from cards and bone builders to chair yoga and bunco. We have many new, fun activity ideas in mind for this space that also take the safety of seniors to heart. However, this room has some challenges (including slip hazards and poor sound quality) that makes new activities difficult.
To overcome these challenges, we plan to install carpet and a sound system in the Garden Room. The total for these renovations is $20,000. We ask that you please consider a donation to the Garden Room to improve your home away from home.
As of July 30, 2018, the total for the Garden Room appeal was at $6,191. Thank you!
How you can donate:
- To make an online gift, click on the 'Donate' button below where you will be taken to a secure site for processing your donation or
- Mail or bring a donation to the Senior Center, 620 4th Ave S, Grand Forks, ND 58201.
Your donation to the Grand Forks Senior Center
- Keeps older adults engaged and active
- Feeds people
- Provides foot care
- Supports aging at home
- Fills the Grand Forks Senior Center with laughter and conversation
“I don’t know what I would do without the Grand Forks Senior Center.” These are words we have heard spoken many times by numerous individuals. Sometimes the people saying this are Grand Forks Senior Center (GFSC) regulars who spend a fair amount of time here participating in our activity program and socializing with other older adults at the GFSC. Other times we have heard these words spoken by family members who have utilized our services as a way to help their mom/dad/neighbor/friend as they age. We also have heard Meals on Wheels clients gratefully express this same sentiment as hot meals are delivered to their homes by friendly faces. You are supporting the people who utter these words.
Options for Giving
There are four ways to make a direct gift:
- Click the ‘Donate’ button to make an online gift
- Stop at the Grand Forks Senior Center front desk to make a gift. We accept cash, checks, or credit cards.
- Drop a check in the mail to 620 4th Ave S, Grand Forks, ND, 58201
- Become a member of our monthly giving program - Brighter Side Society
If you have any questions about any of the giving options (above or below) or how to support the Grand Forks Senior Center in a variety of ways, please contact Becky Cournia at 701-757-4864 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Giving Options
If you have any questions about any of the giving options listed below or how to support the Grand Forks Senior Center, please contact Becky Cournia at 701-757-4864 or email@example.com. Thank you!